Monday, January 23, 2006

Sun 22nd - Bike

Time for the 75 mile Ajax reliability ride today, over Penderyn Moor - which didn't seem to be 5 degrees colder than the rest of the country for a change today.

I managed to hang on in there, though the ride was not without incident - I nearly binned it just after Taff's Well - I was wiping my nose when I hit one of the many pot-holes not pointed out and lost grip of the bars. I managed to stay upright though!

I also had a near miss in Merthyr, I was taking a drink (with my right hand) assuming the traffic lights were on green, but they weren't and eveyone braked hard, I used my rear disc brake but it didn't do a lot, adrenaline flowing and heart racing I just managed to squeeze between the two riders at the front before coming to a stop. Phew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home