Monday, May 15, 2006

Sun 14th - Blaenavon Triathlon



I know these days to ignore how my body feels as it's rarely a true reflection - you can feel knackered as you go out on the chain gang but can then be the strongest rider!

This morning I did feel a little tired though - this was my 13th day of training on the bounce (I skipped two rest days - one I went surfing and the other was a sea swim).

However, I produced my best result at Blaenavon ever, by 8 minutes! Took about a minute off the swim, which felt comfortable; four minutes off the bike - felt strong on the flat and a bit of a weak kitten on the last hill; and took 3 mins off my best run time - despite walking at all the normal points on the course - you have to, your calves are burning with all the bike & run climbing!

There was a great turnout from Cardiff Tri - 9 of us! More than at the club champs last weekend! (and that's not even counting ex-members Keith Tanneta, Justin Ham and Paul Belcher who were also present)

Photo of the 9 is above:
Top - Left to Right: Steve, Gareth, Andy, Adam, Dominic
Bottom - Left to Right: Ieuan, Dave (Me), Nigel, Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home