Wednesday, June 07, 2006

SFO



Got to San Francisco on Thurs after quickly packing the bike back up that morning.

Spent Thurs and Fri shopping mostly - Timbuk2(.com) have a new shop in the city with one off bags available and popped into apple too (card was declined otherwise would now have a MacBook).

I remembered on Sat that I was here to race at the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon so checked out the Bike course with help from Mark & Reena who drove me round it - thanks guys!

Sunday was an early start - 5am in order to setup transition and get the bus to the ferry which left at 7am for Alcatraz.
I've posted up a race report on cardifftri.net, but basically had a great race and somehow came 70th/1700! So pleased with that.

The rest of sunday I pedalled over the Golden Gate Bridge with Nick and Di who had rented a tandem and had lunch in Sansaulito for the second time this week. We checked out some Redwood trees in a forest then got the ferry back to the city.

Monday I did some more shopping with Nick and some chilling out too, crashed infront of the TV in the evening after getting my second In'N'Out Burger of the week (fantastic!)
The other guys left today :-( Great to see everyone and shock news - Mark and Reena are engaged - woohoo! Mark proposed at the Grand Canyon. Pic of ring to follow!

Today I've mostly been cycling - left the hotel about 9.45am and got back at 5pm! Headed out down El Camino Real (15 miles of traffic lights till I finally got out of the city!) and then climbed up 84 to Skyline (35) and then opted not to descend to Half Moon Bay as the cold fog was there. This left me screwed as my only way back was via the freeway! Luckily a really sweet guy Frank, 82, drove me past the freeway back to El Camino where I got a burrito to get me home. Battered now!

Need to pack tonight then head out of dodge at 10am for the trip home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home